Thank you to our 2017 Show Supports
Nuclear science gives us a simple explanation of the natural world. The ultimate goal of nuclear science is to find out if there is one fundamental rule that explains how matter and forces interact. Earning the Nuclear Science merit badge is a chance for Scouts to learn about this exciting field at the cutting edge of science today.
Our Merit Badge counselor would prefer scouts who are at least 14 years of age due to the complexity of some of the materials that will be covered.
Materials to bring:
* Nuclear Science Merit BadgeWorksheetwith prerequisites filled out
* Blue Card, signed by your Troop's Scoutmaster
Summary & Prerequisites:
1. Do research ahead of time. Will be discussed in class.
2. You will discuss and make models in class.
3. Research ahead of time and be prepared to discuss in class.
4. You will be building an electroscope and cloud chamber in class.
5. You will work on these in class but best to do some reading ahead.
6. You will work on in class.
7. Research ahead of time and be prepared to discuss in class.
8. Research ahead of time and be prepared to discuss in class.