Saturday, 9 am to 3pm (lunch break included, bring $ or bagged lunch)
20 Openings, $13 Each
Earning this merit badge enables a Scout to learn about the history and kinds of laws, the purpose and methods of law enforcement, consumer protection agencies, emerging law, and careers in the legal profession.
Materials to bring:
* Law Merit BadgeWorksheetwith prerequisites filled out
* Law Merit Badge book
* Blue Card, signed by your Troop's Scoutmaster
Summary & Prerequisites:
1. Do research ahead of time. Will be discussed in class.
2. Research b and c. For c, look up Miranda vs Arizona, 1966 and
Brown vs Board of Education. Be prepared to discuss in class.
3. Research ahead of time and be prepared to discuss in class.
4. Research ahead of time. A police officer will be on site to complete.
5. You will work on these in class but best to do some reading ahead.
6. You will be doing a mock trial as part of class. (The Murder of Greedo by Han Solo)
7. A lawyer will be present to discuss.
8. Research ahead of time and be prepared to discuss in class.
9. Do research ahead of time. Will be discussed in class.
10. Do research ahead of time. Will be discussed in class.
11. Will discuss in class.