Sunday, 9 am to 3pm (lunch break included, bring $ or bagged lunch)
15 Openings, $15 Each
In learning about astronomy, Scouts study how activities in space affect our own planet and bear witness to the wonders of the night sky: the nebulae, or giant clouds of gas and dust where new stars are born; old stars dying and exploding; meteor showers and shooting stars; the moon, planets, and a dazzling array of stars.
Materials to bring:
* Astronomy Merit BadgeWorksheetwith prerequisites filled out
* Astronomy Merit Badge book
* Blue Card signed by Scoutmaster
Class Summary & Prerequisites to be done before Workshop.
1. Read ahead from Merit Badge book. Be prepared to discuss.
2. Read ahead from Merit Badge book. Be prepared to discuss.
3. Do research ahead of time. Fill out worksheet. Be prepared to discuss in class.
We will do hands on work as part of the class.
4. Research constellations. We will use equipment outside to view and make drawings.
5. Research the planets ahead of time.
Complete 5a ahead of time.We will conduct research in class.
We will do searching and drawings in class.
6. Complete requirements ahead of time.
Come prepared to share and discuss
7. Will discuss in class. Be prepared to take notes and discuss.
8. Complete ahead of time or be prepared to stay longer for a "star party."
9. Will discuss in class. Be prepared to take notes and discuss.